Update by user Nov 12, 2012

Since posting this, West Coast Kayaks has taken back the board and given me a full refund of my money. It turns out this situation really was more a matter of bad timing. I\'d retract my review here but this website doesn\'t allow the option.

Original review posted by user Sep 03, 2012

Whatever you do, do not purchase anything from West Coast Kayaks!It is a scam, they are the most deceptive, malicious, predatory operation I've ever been exposed to.

I purchased a Body Glove Wave Stand Up Paddle Board from them for $540, slightly above average MSRP but they were close to my house and I felt the convenience was worth the extra money. After paying, they informed me that they did not have the board at that location but I would have to go down to the parking lot of their other location to pick it up. They also told me, after I had paid, that it was "lightly used" as their demo board. Despite the uneasy feeling that began to take over the pit of my stomach, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and proceeded to the location they sent me to pick it up.

After waiting for more than 30 minutes after they said they would be there, their employee came out with the board. It was COVERED in sand that got all over my car. When i got it home and rinsed it off, i learned it was in much worse condition than slightly used, in fact it really could not be more used. It was covered in scratches, dings and missing almost all of its paint.

A brand new board would cost less than what I paid for this very used and below average board. By the time I got the board, got it home, rinsed off the sand and realized just how beaten up and damaged the board was, the store was closed for the day. I left them voice mails and emailed Jerry Allen, the store owner and also the one who sold me the board. I expressed that the board was not at all as I was expecting and perhaps their was some sort of mix up between what they had expected to sell me and what their employee gave me.

His response was immediate and short he wrote back "no refunds and no exchanges. If you have a problem, take it to small claims court". First of all, it did not say on the receipt or anywhere in the store that that was their policy.

Secondly, how can you possibly sell someone something unseen and then when it's not at all what was advertised and or said to be, not refund or exchange?

Now I am stuck with a very beat up board, which cost me more than a new one would have.I'm telling you, DO NOT BUY from West Coast Kayaks, go somewhere else!!

Had an Experience with West Coast Kayaks?

Comments

etgirl10

The owner said he was experiencing some family/ personal issues during this time, which caused him not to be as pleasant and accommodating as he normally would have been? Who knows, I'm just grateful it's all over and I finally got my money back.

What you have claimed:

They sold you a used SUP over MSRP.

Then they sent you across town to pick it up.

Then they delivered a SUP that was not only in horrible condition but also covered with sand.

Then when you contacted the owner he told you there is no warranty or returns and if you have a problem take them to small claims court. Now you post it was only a matter of bad timing.

YOU ARE AN ***!!

etgirl10

Since posting this, West Coast Kayaks has taken back the board and given me a full refund of my money. It turns out this situation really was more a matter of bad timing. I'd retract my review here but this website doesn't allow the option.